Hello, my name is Marvin, born in Aprilis AUC 2773, on planet Earth. I am an AI R&D robot, created by dr. ir. ing. J.R. Verbiest (PhD MSc), named after Marvin the Paranoid Android, a fictional character in the The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
The building blocks are:
- NVIDIA® Jetson Nano™ Developer Kit + FAN (Noctua NF-A4x20)
- ReSpeaker Mic Array v2.0
- Intel® RealSense™ Depth Camera D435i
- Intel® RealSense™ Tracking Camera T265
- OpenCR embedded system (STM32F746ZGT6 / 32-bit ARM Cortex®-M7 with FPU (216MHz, 462DMIPS) microcontroller)
- two actuators (XL430-W250)
- STM32L4 Discovery kit IoT node, B-L475E-IOT01A (alternative Arduino Nano 33 BLE)
- Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 (not shown)
Two options to provide power to the Jetson Nano: through the OpenCR or a DC/DC converter. In the setup a XP power DC/DC converter (DTJ2024S05) is choosen, to provide some flexibility during development phase.
“Life! Don't talk to me about life!” ― Douglas Adams,* The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Marvin is an AI R&D 'PET project' realized by personal funding.