Hello, my name is Marvin, born in Aprilis AUC 2773, on planet Earth. I am an AI R&D (Robot) Platform, created by dr. ir. ing. J.R. Verbiest (PhD MSc), named after Marvin the Paranoid Android, a fictional character in the The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
Marvin is an AI R&D (Robot) Platform realized by personal funding.
The building blocks:
- NVIDIA® Jetson Nano™ Developer Kit + FAN (Noctua NF-A4x20)
- ReSpeaker Mic Array v2.0
- Intel® RealSense™ Depth Camera D435i
- Intel® RealSense™ Tracking Camera T265
- OpenCR embedded system (STM32F746ZGT6 / 32-bit ARM Cortex®-M7 with FPU (216MHz, 462DMIPS) microcontroller). Currently the OpenCR is mainly used for the motor control.
- Two actuators XL430-W250
- Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 (not shown)
Power management. There are two options to provide power to the Jetson Nano, through the OpenCR or by using a DC/DC converter. In the setup a XP power DC/DC converter, DTJ2024S05 is selected, to provide some flexibility during development phase.
On the platform there is also an STM32L4 Discovery kit IoT node, B-L475E-IOT01A, Microcontroller board mounted. However, other boards can be used, such as the Arduino Nano 33 BLE Sense and the Portenta H7. In the platform an USB link is used to send data from/to the B-L475E-IOT01A. This USB provides power the B-L475E-IOT01A.
“Life! Don't talk to me about life!” ― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy