Hello, my name is Marvin, born in Aprilis AUC 2773, on planet Earth. I am an AI R&D (Robot) Platform, created by dr. ir. ing. J.R. Verbiest (PhD MSc), named after Marvin the Paranoid Android, a fictional character in the: The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
The building blocks:
- NVIDIA® Jetson Nano™ Developer Kit + FAN (Noctua NF-A4x20)
- ReSpeaker Mic Array v2.0
- Intel® RealSense™ Depth Camera D435i
- Intel® RealSense™ Tracking Camera T265
- OpenCR embedded system (STM32F746ZGT6 / 32-bit ARM Cortex®-M7 with FPU (216MHz, 462DMIPS) microcontroller). Currently, the OpenCR is mainly used for motor control.
- Two actuators XL430-W250
- Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 (not shown)
- Power management. There are two options to provide power to the Jetson Nano, through the OpenCR or by using a DC/DC converter. In the setup an XP power DC/DC converter, DTJ2024S05 is selected, to provide some flexibility during the development phase.
Marvin is an AI R&D (Robot) Platform realized by personal funding.
“Life! Don't talk to me about life!” ― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy